aXes 4.2 - Subfile options Dropdown

Use this Forum to post your “How to …” questions about your use of aXes. This is not a technical support forum. Both the aXes Support Team at LANSA and other aXes customers may answer your questions. LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information posted by customers.

Moderator: jeanmichel

Joerg Hamacher

aXes 4.2 - Subfile options Dropdown

Post by Joerg Hamacher » 28 May 2020, 19:18

Hi,

customer has selected "Dropdown" at the "Input Fields Options" section of the "Subfile Options" and complains that he has to push the Enter-Button additionally before the option becomes active.

How can it be done that they do not have to press the ENTER key after selecting a subfile option from dropdown?
What has to be changed that aXes simulates a SENDKEY("ENTER") action after such a selection?

Many thanks in advance,
Joerg

Fairdinkum

Re: aXes 4.2 - Subfile options Dropdown

Post by Fairdinkum » 22 Jun 2020, 18:14

Hi Joerg,

It's me again. How about the attached auto gui rule? It adds onclick event to <LI> tags which have a class "md-list-item" so that a script (SENDKEY("Enter") in this case) executes on clicking on those elements.

Code: Select all

/*
 * Add onClick event on <li class='md-list-item'>
 */
var elms = document.getElementsByTagName("LI");
for ( var i = 0; i < elms.length; i++ ){
    if (elms[i].className.indexOf("md-list-item") >= 0 ){
            elms[i].onclick = function(event) {SENDKEY("Enter");};
    }
}
The result will be something like the following video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnvatU ... sp=sharing

You might want to confirm that the condition <li class='md-list-item'> is appropreate.

HTH!

Best Regards,
Hidekazu Tanaka
Attachments
axautoguirules(subfileOptionsOnClick).zip
(567 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times

Joerg Hamacher

Re: aXes 4.2 - Subfile options Dropdown

Post by Joerg Hamacher » 26 Jun 2020, 21:25

Hi Hidekazu,

I'm sorry but I do not get it working. I imported your rule but nothing happens. Do I have to insert the java script code anywhere? If yes, where?
And won't we get a conflict with the solution for "aXes 4.2 - Subfile Options Display Colour" where we decided to turn off the "Subfile Options"? Or does your Dropdown solution work without switching this option to "on"?

Best regards and enjoy your weekend,
Joerg