Note 1; This is not valid for a Side by Side installation of a later release.
Note 2: For the JSM add instance, please refer to this post.
Warning: Please note that when upgrading, only the original instance will be upgraded, not any of the additional instances. Hence, use this at your own risks
1) Axes installed int he AXESLIB library
2) Axes is installed int he /AXES IFS folder
3) New aXes instance will be located in the AXES2 IFS folder
1) Login to your IBMi with SECOFR authority.
2) Navigate to your axes folder on the IFS by using the following command:
3) Create a copy of the folder by using option 3 next to your directory + F4
in "To directory" type the destination directory For example: AXES2
in "Directory subtree" type *ALL
in "Owner" choose *KEEP
4) In your new directory navigate the aXesw3 config file located at /AXES2/CONFIGS/AXESW3.CONF
Change the following values:
Port to a new port
LiBRARY to original library AXESLIB
For all FASTCGI servers, update the path to use the new folder ie AXES2
FastCGIServer "/axests" \
-program "AXESTS.PGM '/AXES2/configs/aXesTS.conf'" \
-mt -idle-timeout 45 \
All other references to the /AXES directory will have to be changes to AXES2
5) add an entry in the axes server job to start you new instance
6) Add a new AXESW3 instance in the in the list of servers as below
7) After you hit enter you will have to fill in the folder in which the new instance AXESW3 config file is located. Select *YES to have this instance automatically started. Hit enter
8) To start your new instance press 9 on the previous screen next to it.
Hope this helps.