How can i display menu items as buttons?

Use this Forum to post your “How to …” questions about your use of aXes. This is not a technical support forum. Both the aXes Support Team at LANSA and other aXes customers may answer your questions. LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information posted by customers.

Moderator: jeanmichel

Dino

How can i display menu items as buttons?

Post by Dino » 14 May 2019, 07:09

Hi

I am trying to display menu items like this (several menus, not just one screen):
menuitem.jpg
menuitem.jpg (46.61 KiB) Viewed 294 times
as buttons. if i change or reuse an autogui rule to recognize the menu items and display them as buttons and adjust the width, i get only the "option number", but i am missing the caption and i guess ill need something particular in the onclick of the button to send the option to the command line:
menuitem2.jpg
menuitem2.jpg (16.36 KiB) Viewed 294 times
so, i need something like "how to access the Right to the Target" in the autogui rule (for the captions in the button), and the "target" for the onclick javascript.... to get something like this:
menuitem3.jpg
menuitem3.jpg (52.33 KiB) Viewed 294 times
any idea?

thank you

Dino

Re: How can i display menu items as buttons?

Post by Dino » 14 May 2019, 07:38

Right now, If, I assume, that I have the screen identified, and an input field in the screen, identified as txtOpc, I can use this javascript for the onclick and that makes the buttons be recognized and automatically work (I needed the .replace to remove the dot after the number).... but now i just need to find how to get the value of "right of the target" or the caption of the menu item, to be used as the caption in the push button...
menuitem5.jpg
menuitem5.jpg (79.93 KiB) Viewed 292 times
but the screen currently looks like this:
menuitem4.jpg
menuitem4.jpg (37.56 KiB) Viewed 292 times
and would be nice to have the option to identify a field in the screen the same way, using target and right of ===> for example.

Rodel.Aniban

Post by Rodel.Aniban » 21 May 2019, 14:10

Hi

This feature for autogui plus is not yet available in the current(aXes4.1.1) version release. It is only available in the next version release of aXes as we have added new api function to the field objects to get nextfield and previous field.

For aXes4.1.1 there is an options replaceNullWithSpace=1 in aXesTS.conf this will make the
menu items field recognized as single field like "1. User tasks" instead of having 2 field "1." and "User tasks".

But there is side effects if you activate this feature, like your existing screen customization may not be recognized due to the changes on the field behaviour as some field may became longer with leading spaces.

I recommended that when you enable this feature work with a new project or make a backup of your existing project.

You also need to apply the latest patch for aXes4.1.1. please contact support.

hope this helps.

Dino

Post by Dino » 30 May 2019, 06:56

Rodel.Aniban wrote:
21 May 2019, 14:10
This feature for autogui plus is not yet available in the current(aXes4.1.1) version release. It is only available in the next version release of aXes as we have added new api function to the field objects to get nextfield and previous field.
Thank you, ill take that the best option is to wait to the next version release to have that new api function.