TABS extension - different screens in one tab extension

Use this Forum to post your “How to …” questions about your use of aXes. This is not a technical support forum. Both the aXes Support Team at LANSA and other aXes customers may answer your questions. LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information posted by customers.

Moderator: jeanmichel

Joerg Hamacher

TABS extension - different screens in one tab extension

Post by Joerg Hamacher » 27 Aug 2019, 23:25

Hi again,

we have a lot of data entry programs that consist of more than 1 entry page. Entering customer data has to be done with filling in values on three pages. Between these pages we switch via F8 and F7 (PageUp and PageDown).

I thought this can be realized with "Tabs" extension but I do not see how?
How can I integrate these 3 screens into 1 single aXes screen?

Second question concerning "Tabs":
If an error occurs the cursor is automatically positioned into the field that contains the wrong value. How can it be realized that the corresponding tab will be active / will be displayed then automatically, too?

Many thanks in advance,
Joerg

Fairdinkum

Re: TABS extension - different screens in one tab extension

Post by Fairdinkum » 30 Aug 2019, 16:44

Hi Joerg,

Here is a workaround. I presume that combining multiple entry screens to one aXes customized screen would be difficult in terms of handing error check logic, 5250 cursor position, etc... as Pcomm does.

As you can see from the video below, it "looks like" a user moves screens one another by clicking tabs.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B8FyK ... 97nNYgZ24b

Attached zip file contains the project folder shown in the video above.

HTH.

Best Regards,
Hidekazu Tanaka
Attachments
tabs.zip
(340.36 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Joerg Hamacher

Re: TABS extension - different screens in one tab extension

Post by Joerg Hamacher » 30 Aug 2019, 21:52

Hi Hidekazu,

once again a great help - thank you very much!
I tried to combine your example with choreographer functionality of aXes4.2 and this enabled me to simulate PageUp and PageDown user requests:

html += "<li class='ui-state-default ui-corner-top " + className[2] + "' role='tab'>";
html += "<a href='#' class='ui-tabs-anchor' style='font-size:10px;padding-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;' onClick='EXECUTECHOREONAME(\"GoToNextPage\");'>" + tab02Name + "</a></li>";

I will see what I can make out of that :-)

Best regards and have a nice weekend,
Joerg