How "noexpires" works, how can I check it.

Use this Forum to post your “How to …” questions about your use of aXes. This is not a technical support forum. Both the aXes Support Team at LANSA and other aXes customers may answer your questions. LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information posted by customers.

Moderator: jeanmichel

Fairdinkum

How "noexpires" works, how can I check it.

Post by Fairdinkum » 05 Sep 2017, 16:06

Hi,

How does url parameter "noexpires" work? And how can I check that?
I've put "noexpires" into an aXes project url like /ts/ts2/index.html?noexpires&...... and have checked how it works by using F12 developer tool of IE11.
In my understanding, screen files (screen_xxx.js) are loaded from server without clear the cache. Is that correct?
From my quick test, however, they seemed to be loaded from the cache when the 2nd or following access.

Best Regards,
Hidekazu Tanaka

jeanmichel

Re: How "noexpires" works, how can I check it.

Post by jeanmichel » 06 Sep 2017, 14:40

Hi Hide,
In my understanding, screen files (screen_xxx.js) are loaded from server without clear the cache. Is that correct?
Yes this is correct. This "forces" the browser to reload all files loaded by aXes.
From my quick test, however, they seemed to be loaded from the cache when the 2nd or following access.
Most of the time, you need to close and launch the browser again for this to work. It is the same when clearing the cache, sometimes you need to close and launch the browser after clearing cache between the 1st time and the second time, and between the second and the third time....

HTH
Regards,

Jean-Michel Rapin

LANSA Pty Ltd
email: JeanMichel.Rapin@lansa.com.au
Address: 122 Arthur Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia
Tel: +61 289 070 262 http://www.lansa.com | http://blog.lansa.com |

Fairdinkum

Re: How "noexpires" works, how can I check it.

Post by Fairdinkum » 06 Sep 2017, 18:39

Hi JM,

Thanks for the comment. I understand what you are saying. But there is something that I want to confirm.

In my further testing, I found this (using F12 of IE11):
- In development mode, "noexpires" looks like it is working as expected.
---> screen_xxx.js was always loaded from the server.

- In user mode, it looks like it is NOT working as expected.
---> screen_xxx.js was loaded from the cache in the 2nd or following access.

When you have time, could you double-check on that please? (There is no rush.)

(Why I posted this, because one customer has been refusing changing their internet options of IE11. So if "noexpires" works well, it would be nice.)

Best Regards,
Hidekazu Tanaka