aXes - Generically Identify screens

Use this Forum to post your “How to …” questions about your use of aXes. This is not a technical support forum. Both the aXes Support Team at LANSA and other aXes customers may answer your questions. LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information posted by customers.

Moderator: jeanmichel

Eugene.King

aXes - Generically Identify screens

Post by Eugene.King » 10 Sep 2019, 01:28

Can aXes use generic screen identifiers?
I have an application with two types of popups, select single entry and select multiple entries. They use screen identifiers of PIDSXX-S, for select single entry popups or PIDSXX-M for select multiple entry popups. The XX is an integer. I want to create a single screen design for each type and have them apply to all popups across the system. Has anyone had any experience of doing this in aXes? Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Eugene

Fairdinkum

Re: aXes - Generically Identify screens

Post by Fairdinkum » 10 Sep 2019, 20:24

Hello,

In my opinion, to achieve the goal, the screen definition should be set as follows:

Case 1. If the layouts of the pop-up screens are exactly the same for each type, give the same name (eg PIDS-S, PIDS-M) to all screens of each type.

Case 2. If the pop-up screens' layouts are slightly different for each type (such as field start position), (1) Give the same name (eg PIDS-S, PIDS-M) to all screens of each type, and (2) Specify a different value for Variant Name. (Example: 01, 02, ...)
variant_name.png
variant_name.png (25.84 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Best Regards,
Jun Kato