aXes 4.2 - choreographer

Use this Forum to post your “How to …” questions about your use of aXes. This is not a technical support forum. Both the aXes Support Team at LANSA and other aXes customers may answer your questions. LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information posted by customers.

Moderator: jeanmichel

Joerg Hamacher

aXes 4.2 - choreographer

Post by Joerg Hamacher » 06 Aug 2019, 23:47

Hi,

axes 4.2 has the new feature "Choreographer". I tried this functionality and have two questions:

1. How can I prevent that all the screens that are on the way to the final destinations will be shown? I suppose this feature is very helpful but daiplaying all those screens is a little bit annoying for the end user.
2. When I leave the final destination screen (e.g. by pushing F3) I want to return into the calling screen. How can this be reached?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Joerg

Dino

Re: aXes 4.2 - choreographer

Post by Dino » 10 Aug 2019, 01:42

Hi,

If the user press F3 in the screen, the onLeave event is activated for the Screen, in extensions.

You could record the steps to get out in a choreographer sequence, save it like LeaveOrder
choreo01.jpg
choreo01.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 183 times
then put an EXECUTECHOREONAME("LeaveOrder"); on the onLeave event.
choreo02.jpg
choreo02.jpg (477.65 KiB) Viewed 183 times

Joerg Hamacher

Re: aXes 4.2 - choreographer

Post by Joerg Hamacher » 20 Aug 2019, 18:05

Hi Dino,
thank you for this information. This is really a good possibility and I did not think about this before.

But I see the problem that one destination screen can be linked with different starting points.
Let's say we have 3 screens (A, B, C) and from every of those 3 screens we make a choreographer sequence to screen D.
Now I need to know from which starting point screen D was activated - and I have to create a sophisticated java script to travel back to A, B or C.

I suppose something like that can only be realized by using lots of USERENV variables, but I would prefer that aXes does this itself in an automatic process - considering the hundreds (if not thousands) of screens and possible links we have in our own ERP system.

Cheers,
Joerg