Since the option to upgrade an aXes installation has not been provided in aXes 420, you might need to copy projects from your earlier version of aXes to the latest installed. For this example the latest is 4.2.0.
If you need to move a project from aXes 4.1.1. to aXes 4.2.0 (the combination of versions doesn't matter, any versions will work), there is a very easy way of doing it.
1. Open the IBM system i navigator and navigate to the project you want to copy. Typically in /AXES/TS/SCREENS
2. Right click and select copy
3. Navigate to the location you want to copy the project to. In this case, its aXes 4.2.0 so the location is as below
3.1 If you are using the aXes W3 webserver on aXes 4.2.0, typically /AXES420/TS/SCREENS
3.2 If you are using the aXes services HTTP webserver (Recommended) on aXes 4.2.0, typically /AXESJSM/JSM/INSTANCE/WWW/INSTANCE/HTDOCS/TS/SCREENS
4. Right click and paste
Its now ready to be opened in the new aXes version.
Method B: Using the IBMi Terminal:
For this example we will be using a project in the folder /AXES411/TS/SCREENS to the folder /AXES420JSM/JSM/INSTANCE/WWW/INSTANCE/HTDOCS/TS/SCREENS
1) Login to the IBMi server and using the WRKLNK command navigate to the project you want to move.
2) select option 3 and then press F4
3) In the To Directory type in the directory to copy the project and in the Directory Subtree select *ALL
4) Press Enter and the project should be copied to the new location.